It took about a week, but I finished this journal page on 23 December 2011. Amanda posted a prompt in the Artful Scrapping Outside the Box challenge at goDigitalScrapbooking.com which said in part: "Think of creating your custom curio cabinet- and just like you would in your house, you fill it with things that are important to you- each for their own reason." So, as I worked on this page I focused on the curio cabinet rather than the larger theme of curiosity.
As I was thinking about the things that are important to me, I thought of my current passions—reading, travel, and scrapbooking. So, I filled my cabinet with my passport, a map, and some of the books I've enjoyed this year.
- background paper by Outside the Box Design Studio from CollectAKit Curiosity2 at goDigitalScrapbooking.com
- Curio cabinet by Outside the Box Design Studio from CollectAKit Curiosity2
- map element by Outside the Box Design Studio from I Dream of Africa kit at goDigitalScrapbooking.com
- Camera from Far Far Hill, free scanned advertising images
- art & color & draw WordArt by Sue Cummings from My Little Artist Paintbox, purchased at oscraps.com
- suitcase & passport by Pink Reptile Designs from Wanderlust kit
- butterfly from Far Far Hill, free scanned butterflies
- font is Bradley Hand ITC
- "Passions" title formed from miscellaneous fonts on scanned antique paper from Far Far Hill
- All my art journal pages have a paper doll representing me -- she's constructed from parts downloaded from Making Friends