Yesterday, I finished an art journal page based on a prompt from the Art Journal Caravan. I quickly uploaded it to the gallery and then sat back and took another look at what I had created. And the critic in me noticed that a couple of the papers I had used when making the Matryoshka dolls were very close in color to the background.
So, I spent some time trying to come up with a color change for the background which looked good with the Matryoshka dolls. Eventually I gave up and selected a light neutral color:
Here they are side-by-side. I think I made the right decision to change the background.